Electric bicycles are a very popular means of transportation in today’s era. Therefore, you need to ensure the stability of the parts on the bike is always working well. In addition, electric bicycles must also be of good quality. So you need to cycle your electric bike regularly. Because maintenance of electric bicycles is very necessary.
Like other vehicles such as motorcycles, bicycles, electric scooter or cars. Maintenance of electric bicycles is not difficult. But not everyone knows how to use and maintain it properly. You need to find out when and how to maintain a simple electric bicycle. This allows the product to extend its life span. And help electric bikes work the best.
When do electric bikes need maintenance?
Any type of transportation means that after a period of use also have some problems. Parts of an electric bicycle may be damaged in parts such as clutches, wheel bearings, brakes, rims, chains, fuel systems, electrical and signaling systems, swivel joints, control wires, nuts, etc. Therefore, you should regularly check and maintain your electric bicycle every month. So you have to constantly watch the details on electric bikes. Consider components that need to be repaired or replaced. You even have to spend some money to ensure safety when using.
How to maintain standard electric bicycles?
Proper use and maintenance of batteries:
– One of the most important components of an electric bicycle. Batteries are very susceptible to damage if you do not know how to properly handle them.
– With the ability to self discharge during unused. So when you buy electric bikes, you should charge 10 hours. And the next time you charge, you should charge 8 hours, this is to ensure the longevity of the battery. Note, when charging the battery should be plugged into a stable power, you should not leave the battery empty to charge. This results in the battery being prone to damage.
– Do not use full power before charging. Because the battery will reach its maximum strength when the discharge current is equal to 1/10 of the charge. The best charging time is when the capacity is about 1/4.
– In addition, users of electric bicycles need to pay attention not to plug the battery charging for too long. This will reduce the battery life and efficiency.
– You should not use water hoses with strong pressures to wash electric bikes. This will cause moisture, which will affect the longevity of the battery.
Regularly check the operating status of electric bicycles:
– Failures occur not only on the battery, but also in parts such as hand brakes, scooters, engines, electrical systems… These components are also easy to spot some problems that need to be addressed. Therefore, the user should regularly check the parts of the electric bike. Consider repairing or replacing parts. Check for components that are jammed or damaged. This will ensure the safety of the operator as well as the performance of the electric bike is best.
– You have to check the brake system, grip, it has a lot of dust or not… If there is a noise, you need to change the oil once a month. The front axle, the middle axis, you should lubricate every 6 months to ensure safety when participating in traffic.
Regularly bring electric bicycles to regular maintenance sites:
– You should remember to schedule your electric bicycle to a reputable store for regular maintenance. This good practice will ensure that the electric bicycle is always in the best condition. Choose a repair shop, maintenance of electric bicycle is prestigious and professional. This will ensure every problem, the electric bicycle parts will be the best warranty and maintenance.